Our 'Unframed Prints' are incredibly popular, but we often get asked for advice on framing.
A frame can either enhance or detract from your artwork, so it's worth a little thought. Good from far, can be far from good, and your artwork deserves better! Here are some things to consider.
1 - SHOP BOUGHT OR CUSTOM FRAME?
- An 'off the shelf' solution, whilst more limited in options, presents good value and there are lots of choices. Be wary of perspex/acrylic instead of glass, unless it is of superior quality (cheap frames will have cheap perspex). Good quality perspex, however, can look as good as glass and is super light!
- If you have a certain colour scheme or already have framed prints that the new addition needs to match, then you'll need to head to your local framer for a fully bespoke option. Ask for their input as the variants can be endless!
2 - MOUNT OR NO MOUNT?
- Mounts (matting) can totally transform a picture, separating it from its surroundings and giving it more visual weight. They also provide protection by keeping your print off the glass.
- The aperture of the mount should be the same size as your print. Frame descriptions will often say something like '30 x 40cm with mount, 40 x 50cm without'. Watch out for this as it can be easy to order the wrong size.
Similar can be found at IKEA
- A local or online framer (you send them your print) may also offer additional mounting options such as floating or double/triple mounting creating extra impact.
- On the other hand, there is also a strong argument for NO mount - especially for our large prints. A clean thin aluminium frame creates a superb contemporary option, where nothing distracts from the print.
3 - SIZING:
Our standard International sizes for unframed prints are:
- Small: 30 x 40cm / 12 x 16"
- Medium: 45 x60 cm / 18 x 24"
- Large: 60 x 80cm / 24 x 32"
4 - WHERE TO BUY?
Whilst we are not USA based, in addition to Amazon, sites such as ArtToFrames seem to have an excellent selection.
4 - CONCLUSION
Put simply, our amazing artwork can be framed to your preferences with a little research and minimum cost. Be sure to tag us on Twitter or Instagram @evalu18golf with your framing success stories to inspire those who are to follow or leave your comments below!